At Abusix, we are pioneers in remote work and thought leaders in fighting network abuse and cyber threats on a global scale. We have built an ecosystem that transforms security-related data into actionable information, contributing to a safer online environment.
OUR MISSION is to make the internet a safer place.
OUR VISION is to create a global platform for internet stakeholders to share relevant and actionable security data to solve online security issues as quickly and effectively as possible.
About The Role
As our SRE / DevOps Engineer (m/f/d) you work remote and independently on the design and implementation of a more mature infrastructure architecture. You ensure the smooth operations and maintenance of the systems around the Abusix SaaS platform. By taking on responsibility and contributing your own ideas, you will bring our products to the next level. With a high degree of self-initiative, excellent communication skills and a huge eagerness of taking on responsibility, you are part of our cross-functional remote team environment.
What You Will Do
- Focus on ensuring reliability, availability, and performance of critical systems and services.
- Implement robust monitoring and alerting systems to detect issues proactively and respond promptly to incidents, minimizing downtime.
- Develop and maintain automation tools and scripts to streamline repetitive tasks, improve efficiency, and reduce the risk of human errors.
- Conduct capacity planning exercises to anticipate future resource requirements and scale the infrastructure accordingly.
- Identify bottlenecks and performance issues in the system and work on optimizations to improve overall system performance.
- Develop and maintain disaster recovery plans and procedures to ensure business continuity in case of major outages or disasters.
- Collaborate with security teams to implement best practices for system security, patch management, and vulnerability assessments.
- Work closely with development teams to ensure smooth and reliable deployment of new features and updates to the production environment.
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience in an agile environment in SRE / DevOps.
- Experience in scripting (e.g. Python and Shell/Bash), capacity planning and designing infrastructure.
- Deep knowledge in AWS, Terraform or Salt Stack, Scripting languages (e.g. Python, Bash), Kubernets, Docker, CI/CD and git commands, Linux.
- Basic network knowledge.
- Your main values match ours: ownership, collaboration, innovation, respect, and authenticity.
- Eager to take on responsibility, intrinsic motivation, and reliability.
- Very good communication skills to ensure the seamless flow of information within the remote team.
- Fluent in English.
What we offer
- Work with the latest technology, in the cloud and with the latest frameworks.
- Share defined projects open source.
- An extremely steep learning curve.
- Impact, responsibility and participation in a very interesting field.
- Competitive pay according to your country and meaningful equity.
- Home office equipment or coworking space membership contribution.
- Flexible working hours.
- Fast-paced high-tech B2B company.
- Conference and travel budget.
- Fun team events.
- Additional benefits depending on your place of living.
We believe in building and cultivating a remote culture of ownership, collaboration, innovation, respect and authenticity in a fun, diverse, and aspirational team of people with the same passion and drive. Come and help us to make a difference.
Our main values
- Ownership - Everybody takes the seat as the Co-CEO of Abusix to drive results proactively.
- Collaboration - We genuinely believe that we are stronger together as a team.
- Innovation - We love to challenge the status quo and want our people to be brave and embrace failure in a safe environment.
- Respect - Our daily interactions are guided through respect for each other, our customers, and the environment.
- Authenticity - We are true to our personalities and values, have fun at work and don't take ourselves too seriously.
Abusix is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and diversity of all kinds is important to us.
Our team focuses on creating an inclusive environment for all people. We welcome people from all different backgrounds and currently employ startup founders, college graduates, students from all over the world, and coding academy graduates.
We are actively and regularly working with the entire team to shape our culture in a conscious way towards our ideal of empowerment, transparency and kindness.