Why MMIT? At MMIT, we simplify the complexities of healthcare to smooth access to life saving therapies. Our collective teams achieve this through prioritizing cultivating industry leading data coupled with cutting edge technology to solve some of healthcare’s most complex challenges.
MMIT is regarded as a trusted go-to-market partner that identifies barriers to patient access and helps coordinate major stakeholders to move therapies from pipeline to prescription—answering the “what” of how payers cover therapies and the “why” behind those decisions. MMIT’s product portfolio has been built by listening to our clients, and with expert teams of pharmacists, clinicians, data specialists and market researchers who provide foresight, clarity and confidence.
In 2022, MMIT joined forces with other market-leading pharmaceutical-solutions providers—Evaluate, Citeline, Panalgo and The Dedham Group—to launch Norstella, which aims to deliver must-have answers for critical strategic and commercial decision-making along the entire drug development journey.
MMIT is a product, solutions and advisory company that brings transparency to pharmacy and medical benefit information. Our technology team develops and maintains immersive, scalable web applications, APIs and data warehouses in an environment where the data is our most important asset.
The guiding principles for success at Norstella:
01: Bold, Passionate, Mission-First
We have a lofty mission to Smooth Access to Life Saving Therapies and we will get there by being bold and passionate about the mission and our clients. Our clients and the mission in what we are trying to accomplish must be in the forefront of our minds in everything we do.
02: Integrity, Truth, Reality
We make promises that we can keep, and goals that push us to new heights. Our integrity offers us the opportunity to learn and improve by being honest about what works and what doesn’t. By being true to the data and producing realistic metrics, we are able to create plans and resources to achieve our goals.
03: Kindness, Empathy, Grace
We will empathize with everyone's situation, provide positive and constructive feedback with kindness, and accept opportunities for improvement with grace and gratitude. We use this principle across the organization to collaborate and build lines of open communication.
04: Resilience, Mettle, Perseverance
We will persevere – even in difficult and challenging situations. Our ability to recover from missteps and failures in a positive way will help us to be successful in our mission.
05: Humility, Gratitude, Learning
We will be true learners by showing humility and gratitude in our work. We recognize that the smartest person in the room is the one who is always listening, learning, and willing to shift their thinking.
We are seeking a highly skilled Senior Backend Engineer with a passion for designing and developing scalable, high-performance, and reliable backend systems.
- Design, develop and maintain high-performance and scalable backend systems
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify and implement solutions to improve system performance and reliability
- Develop and maintain APIs and microservices
- Write clean, maintainable, and well-documented code
- Implement and maintain automated tests
- Continuously improve the architecture and infrastructure of the backend systems
- Troubleshoot and resolve production issues
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or relevant experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Python, Docker, AWS, MongoDB, and Snowflake
- Strong understanding of software engineering principles and best practices
- Experience with designing and developing RESTful APIs (FastAPI) and microservices
- Experience with AWS services such as ECS, Lambda, RDS, and S3
- Experience with containerization using Docker
- Experience with database design and management using MongoDB and Snowflake
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Java -nice to have
- Medical and prescription drug benefits
- Health savings accounts or flexible spending accounts
- Dental plans and vision benefits
- Basic life and AD&D Benefits
- 401k retirement plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Education benefits
- Maternity leave
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
The expected base salary for this position ranges from $85,000 to $205,000. It is not typical for offers to be made at or near the top of the range. Salary offers are based on a wide range of factors including relevant skills, training, experience, education, and, where applicable, licensure or certifications obtained. Market and organizational factors are also considered. In addition to base salary and a competitive benefits package, successful candidates are eligible to receive a discretionary bonus.
MMIT is an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, gender reassignment, race, color, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age. Our ethos is to respect and value people’s differences, to help everyone achieve more at work as well as in their personal lives so that they feel proud of the part they play in our success. We believe that all decisions about people at work should be based on the individual’s abilities, skills, performance and behavior and our business requirements. MMIT operates a zero tolerance policy to any form of discrimination, abuse or harassment.
Sometimes the best opportunities are hidden by self-doubt. We disqualify ourselves before we have the opportunity to be considered. Regardless of where you came from, how you identify, or the path that led you here- you are welcome. If you read this job description and feel passion and excitement, we’re just as excited about you.