Intuition Machines uses AI/ML to build enterprise security products. We apply our research to systems that serve hundreds of millions of people, with a team distributed around the world.
If you enjoy working at scale on both architecture and data, engineering our backend systems may be your ideal job. Our approach is simple: light specs, small teams, and rapid iteration.
As a Senior Python Engineer you will be responsible for developing solutions that fit with our existing codebases, as well as implementing and optimizing novel machine learning techniques for our various business problems. You will improve and drive our evolving systems, threat models, and CI/CD practice.
What will you do:
- Prioritize, design, develop, deploy and operate secure, robust, scalable and fast back-end algorithms, logic and services
- hCaptcha practices DevSecOps, so you must be comfortable handling the operations around your code including implementing security and data protection solutions, monitoring and automation, metrics, automating break-fix and production alarms
- Deeply understand our product and business goals, staying up to date with both our innovations and the market
- Write clearly structured, maintainable, well documented, and tested code that meets our requirements and goals. It should be high quality enough to be open-sourced.
- Improve our global engineering practice through brainstorming sessions, code reviews, unit testing and automation and on-call rotation
- Help to convert complex requirements into actionable code for sprint pipelines while supporting and mentoring peers
What we are looking for:
- Minimum of four years of hands-on experience in a similar role at a SaaS provider
- Expert in backend development in Python
- Experience with orchestration platforms like Kubernetes, metrics-driven staged deployment systems, containerization, and microservice design
- Familiarity with distributed systems: queue-first architectures, sharding, etc
- Demonstrated architecture engineering expertise (gather requirements, problem solve and recommend)
- Excellent communication, listening and presentation skills to and with diverse audiences and experience supporting and mentoring peers
Nice to haves:
- Experience or interest in blockchain technologies
- Familiarity with security frameworks, attack vectors, botnets, OLAP at scale, and online + active learning systems
What do we offer:
- Fully remote position with flexible working hours #Li-remote.
- An inspiring team of colleagues spread all over the world.
- Pleasant, modern development and deployment workflows: ship early, ship often.
- High impact: lots of users, happy customers, high growth, and cutting edge R&D.
- Flat organization, direct interaction with customer teams.
We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse global workforce. We believe that the best way to learn, grow, and succeed, both as individuals and as a company, is to foster a culture that is fundamentally rooted in equality.
Join us as we transform cyber security, user privacy, and machine learning online!