Qualio is on a mission to empower life science teams to launch and scale life-saving products. We’re doing that by building a connected and integrated quality management platform for the entire life science ecosystem. Qualio is trusted by 100s of highly regulated international customers, ranging from the bleeding edge of computational biology and machine learning to household names in mRNA vaccine development.
The Qualio team is all-remote, and currently distributed across North America, Europe and Australia.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Product Manager to join our dynamic, collaborative and remote-first Qualio team!
Join Qualio as a pivotal player in a high-velocity cross-functional product development team. Help us transform an industry that, literally, saves millions of lives every year. This is challenging but incredibly rewarding work being done with a supportive and passionate team.
- We take a cross-disciplinary approach at every level. Product Management, Design, and Engineering (EPD) all report into our CPO and consider themselves part of one team.
- We are dedicated to being a product-led company. Everything a customer experiences is part of our product, whether it is delivered by technology or a human. Every job at Qualio is a user experience job in one sense or another.
- All members of EPD have an outsized influence but also an expectation of ownership for overall customer and company outcomes
- We are open and collaborative by default (e.g. public slack channels, lots of collaborative work in open documents, minimal organizational hierarchy, etc.)
- We are dedicated to continuously improving our craft at product development. We reflect on and evolve our own practices and concepts regularly. We engage with the industry to make sure we are at the top of our game. We guarantee that you will be a much better professional for having worked with us.
- All members of EPD are makers more than managers. Product Managers make clarity and confidence out of ambiguity and uncertainty. That means more than 75% or more of your time will be spent generating insights, proposals, decisions, user stories, outcome-focused communications, etc. rather than organizing meetings, schedules, etc.
- Lead with insights and proposals, strategically and tactically. This is product management not project management.
- Establish and drive a posture and practice of understanding customer problems deeply – not just reacting to customer requests but understanding them well enough to create solutions customers could not have thought of themselves.
- Demonstrate compelling and confident storytelling that surfaces assumptions and difficult decisions but also aligns stakeholders around solutions. A large portion of your job is inspiring and driving work.
- Create and manage a roadmap of work to drive customer and company outcomes
- Work collaboratively with all of Qualio, but especially Design and Engineering
- 6+ years of experience as a Product Manager in a B2B SaaS environment – extra points for experience with highly-regulated industries, life-science, or “service design” (i.e. technology-powered and human-powered aspects working together)
- A passion for delivering effective and elegant products and services that solve customer problems, especially high-quality UX and solid platform architectures
- An approachable and collaborative working style with a rigorous mindset
- Fluent in working in agile development environments – we aren’t ideological about process but we are definitely not waterfall.
- Experience planning and managing successful launch and adoption of work, not just building and deploying it.
In addition to playing an important role in building Qualio, you'll receive:
- Competitive salary
- Flexible holidays
- Unlimited Time Off
- Professional development stipend
- Working space allowance / home office budget
- Opportunity to make a difference through helping life-saving products to get to market
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they meet every single one of the qualifications as described in a job description. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive company and we are most interested in finding the BEST candidate for the job. That candidate may be one who comes from a less traditional background, and that’s okay. We would strongly encourage you to apply, even if you don't believe you meet every one of the qualifications described.