We are looking for a Senior Android Developer to join our Android development team and work closely with our product and design teams to implement features to our current Android application.
- Build, update, and maintain core application UI elements and business logic using well-supported frameworks and libraries for native Android development
- Maintain integrations with 1st-party SDKs and APIs
- Build CI/CD pipeline for deploying updates
- Parse through PRDs and interact with product owner(s) to understand business and technical requirements
- Create and manage issues in our product management software
- Report on daily activity and blockers to project leads
- Provide test instructions or feature documentation
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members as needed
- A minimum of 3 - 5 years building and maintaining native Android applications
- Strong knowledge of Java/Kotlin, the Android SDK and ecosystem, different versions
- of Android, and how to deal with different screen sizes
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services
- Familiarity with wired-USB and Bluetooth peripherals (ethernet-over-USB or serial)
- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Experience with offline storage, SQL, threading, and performance tuning
- Ability to design applications around natural user interfaces, such as “touch”
- Familiarity with the use of additional sensors, such as gyroscopes and accelerometers
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications
- A knack for benchmarking and optimization
- Understanding of Google's Android design principles and interface guidelines
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates, so please don't hesitate to apply — we'd love to hear from you.
We are building a company that reflects the world in which we want to live. One where we can enjoy the convenience of biometrics without compromising our privacy or personal freedom. To make this a reality, our technology allows businesses of all kinds to adopt biometric authentication quickly and easily. With Keyo, people are clocking into work, paying for a coffee, and unlocking doors with a wave of their hand. Our team is remote first, by design. Our talented employees work from all over the world because we want Keyo to reflect the people who use it: global citizens who bring their diverse perspectives to solve unique problems.
We are at an exciting juncture and looking for new voices and ideas to continue building our vision for the company. Keyo believes that the things that make us unique are our greatest strengths. We have an inclusive, global, remote-first workplace that comprises people from all different lifestyles, backgrounds, abilities, and nationalities.
Please note: Keyo is undergoing SOC2 compliance and performs background checks, and provides security training to team members.