Stacker is seeking a driven and motivated Sales Development Representative (SDR) to join our Revenue team. As an SDR, you will prospect, qualify, and generate customer leads for Stacker’s Connect and Studio products, which provide a turn-key earned media and content SEO solution for marketers. You’ll be responsible for reaching out to key decision-makers across Marketing disciplines at mid-market and enterprise organizations, responsible for business growth in partnership with our broader sales and marketing teams. SDRs have the opportunity for long-term career growth in a variety of roles, including Sales, Account Management, and Business Development
We’re seeking someone passionate about sales and excited to operate in the marketing + media landscape, someone with the ability to execute as an individual contributor and contribute to the development of scalable systems and processes as Stacker’s first in-house SDR. This is a unique opportunity to join on the ground floor of a high-growth business and have an integral impact on the success of the company.
Role responsibilities include:
- Identify potential customers and generate new business opportunities for the company.
- Contact and qualify potential customers.
- Set appointments and follow up on leads.
- Track progress towards meeting sales goals.
- Collaborate with the sales team to develop strategies for reaching sales targets.
- Develop, maintain and update sales collateral.
- Provide feedback from the market to sales team and revenue leadership.
- Other revenue-focused projects, as assigned.
Stacker is a new media company excited by the future of journalism. Every day, our efforts center on developing new and more sustainable ways to produce, distribute, and fund great storytelling that contextualizes our world and drives impact for news publishers big and small. We do this through a number of ways—from our tech-forward storytelling method and freely accessible newswire, to offering a structured avenue for non-publisher organizations to participate and contribute to quality journalism.
Our ultimate mission is to empower the world’s publishers: through a commitment to provide free access to great storytelling and by championing innovation in how journalism is done, we enable our national- and local-scale publishing partners to engage their audiences and focus on their own original reporting.
As a bootstrapped company, we’re a resourceful team focused on building an inclusive, equitable culture around shared values of integrity, ownership, and collaboration. Building for the future is reflected in the way we work: we are remote-first, embrace flexible schedules, and offer competitive benefits and perks including unlimited vacation, an employee equity program, and full heath & dental coverage
We’re always looking for curious, media-minded thinkers to join the team. We encourage women, people of color, veterans, people with disabilities and gender-nonconforming candidates to apply.
- 1-3+ years working as a seller or SDR; content marketing or SEO marketing experience a plus
- Strong sales instinct
- Comfort speaking to SEO, content marketing, and/or digital marketing strategies
- Hubspot and/or Apollo experience a plus
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Proactive self starter with an innate sense of accountability
- Expert prioritization skills; ability to manage competing tasks with ease
- Detail-oriented with an analytical mindset
- Passionate about digital media/content marketing or journalism
Employee wellbeing is top of mind for the Stacker team. We offer the following benefits to all team members:
- Competitive Base Salary
- Quarterly Bonus Program
- Equity Stock Option Program
- Full Health & Dental Coverage
- Fully Remote Team
- Unlimited PTO
- 3 Months of Paid Family Leave
- Annual Team Offsites
- Monthly Virtual Social Events
- Awesome & Inclusive team culture!
Stacker is dedicated to creating a diverse and inclusive newsroom that reflects the communities we serve. We encourage women, people of color, veterans, people with disabilities, and gender-nonconforming candidates to apply.
Stacker is an equal-opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.