We're building a category-defining company to increase the speed of innovation in higher education. Woolf's mission is to increase access to world-class higher education and ensure that it is globally recognized and transferable. We help qualified education organizations launch world-class higher education programs that issue academic credits and globally recognized accredited degrees.
Woolf University is a collegiate higher education institution modeled on the University of Oxford and Delhi University. We are the first global collegiate university to allow other education organizations to join as member colleges and issue degrees. Our colleges include some of the fastest growing EdTech companies in the world: Physics Wallah, UpGrad, Scaler, GoIT, V School, iNeuron, EduBridge, AlmaBetter, and others. We have a pipeline of further prospects in India, where we continue to grow.
We are a globally distributed, fully remote team with a bias for action. Our team is mission-aligned, high EQ/low ego, and committed to excellence. Our investor group includes First Round Capital (who also led the investment for Notion, Roblox, Uber, and Square), Connect Ventures, IOVC, All Access Fund, and Tribe Capital.
We are seeking a talented individual based out of Latin America to join our Sales team. As the Sales Development Representative, your primary objective will be to support our rapid expansion across Latin America by identifying, qualifying, and creating new opportunities within the higher education/EdTech sector. You'll be responsible for initiating and conducting cold outreach efforts to secure qualified meetings for our team of Account Executives. Your pivotal role will involve identifying and connecting with potential leads, nurturing relationships, and ultimately setting the stage for successful sales interactions.
The ideal SDR will be adept at crafting compelling and personalized messages, understanding our prospect's needs, and establishing rapport to drive sales growth. You will have a proven history of effective cold calling and be instrumental in connecting educational organizations with Woolf's technology solutions.
- Lead Generation: Identify stakeholders at key accounts and create impactful outbound campaigns to generate new business opportunities.
- Cold Outbound: You will write thoughtful, brief, and engaging messages by email and LinkedIn – leading to replies, and ultimately setting meetings for our Account Executives.
- Qualifying Leads: Engage in first-time email exchanges and prospect calls to evaluate potential customers' needs and challenges, and determine fit with our technology solutions.
- Sales Alignment: Collaborate with the sales team to generate and book meetings with qualified opportunities, primarily through email outbound, as well as capitalizing on inbound leads generated by marketing initiatives.
- Market Research: Stay abreast of industry trends, competitors, and customer needs.
- CRM Management: Maintain accurate records of all interactions, leads, and opportunities in SFDC.
- Be part of a culture that values high agency and ownership for creating solutions, even when it looks impossible.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, or a related field
- 2+ years of sales or business development experience, preferably in a startup or tech environment
- Demonstrated skills in cold emailing and communication, and able to effectively engage potential customers
- Fluent in both English and Spanish (Portuguese is a plus!)
- Excellent written communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- An analytical mindset, skilled at using data to inform decisions
- Experience with SFDC (bonus for LinkedIn Sales Navigator and/or ClearBit)
- The ability to excel in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, adapting to shifting priorities
- Previous experience working with a complex SaaS product or service
- Previous experience or demonstrated passion for higher education/edtech
- High EQ
- Smart, talented team
- Flexible PTO and working hours
- New-hire stipend for your WFH setup