- Remote Role
Public Relations and Media Specialist, Marketing Team
Avalere Health is seeking a PR/Media Specialist to join its Marketing Team
Avalere Health, a Fishawack Health Company, is a leading healthcare strategic advisory firm focused on the intersection of business strategy, research, and public policy. Located in Washington, DC, Avalere works with a diverse range of clients spanning Fortune 500 pharmaceuticals, biotech, health plans, government, providers, advocacy and patient groups, and other organizations who seek to improve the healthcare system. Avalere’s experts span 250 staff drawn from Fortune 500 healthcare companies, the federal government (e.g., CMS, OMB, CBO, Congress), top consultancies, and nonprofits. The firm offers deep substance on the full range of healthcare business issues affecting the healthcare industry.
The Marketing Team sets the strategy and creates campaigns to drive sales for all of Avalere's services and products. Charged with building brand awareness, facilitating public engagement, and sales support, it blends the science side of marketing through predictive/data analytics with the creative side of marketing by promoting content that captures attention.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Field and respond to inbound media inquiries
- Regularly pitch new content to digital publications that leverages Avalere’s public-facing materials and healthcare expertise
- Establish and maintain relationships with relevant national and trade press, and help Avalere’s subject matter experts build relationships
- Train Avalere’s subject matter experts on interacting with the media and collaborate with them to prepare for interviews
- Monitor targeted publications to identify opportunities to feature Avalere’s capabilities and expertise, announce senior hires, or publicize events and publications
- Collaborate with sales team to identify new audiences and determine the best ways to reach them
- Manage paid and organic social media, including maintaining a calendar of upcoming posts as well as drafting, posting, monitoring, and engaging with content on LinkedIn, Twitter, and Glassdoor
- Write copy for bylined articles, conference speaking submissions, paid advertising promotions, web pages, marketing emails, and internal communications
- Analyze and report on key performance indicators related to media placements, pending coverage, and social media engagement
Skills, Experience, and Other Job-Related Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communication, public relations, health policy, public policy, public health, or related discipline
Skill and Experience Requirements:
- Demonstrated interest in healthcare, health policy, and/or the life sciences industry
- 3 – 5 years of experience in public relations, media relations, or a similar marketing role
- Strong writing skills and experience writing in multiple formats (e.g., articles, press releases, social media posts, emails)
- Dedication to a high-quality work product
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask
- High level of initiative and ability to work independently
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work collaboratively with teams and across multiple groups within the organization
Avalere is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Fishawack Health is an equal opportunities employer and place where everyone is welcome. We believe success lies in our differences and only by embracing these differences can we build a healthier world together. We strongly encourage people from minority backgrounds, LGBTQIA+, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. If you need reasonable adjustments at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know. In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example - she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).
We Encourage All Applicants To Read Our Company
Powered by JazzHR
Seniority levelMid-Senior level
Job functionMarketing, Public Relations, and Writing/Editing