Lovevery is a fast-growing digitally native brand co-founded by successful serial entrepreneurs and based in Boise, Idaho. Our customers are parents, and our mission is to help them feel confident they are giving their children meaningful development experiences in the critical early years of life. Taking a science-based approach, Lovevery products have won awards from Red Dot, Parents' Choice, and NAPPA. Lovevery was named one of Fast Company's 10 most innovative education companies of 2022.
About the role
This is a key leadership role within a high performing data team, and functions as a bridge between analysts, engineers, product managers, business stakeholders, and more to ensure that the business is supplied with clean, actionable data. This can range from reporting on department or business level kPIs to translating complex analytics models into automated exploration templates for business users to better understand how they can be effective in their roles.
- Proven leader: this role requires a seasoned leader who is comfortable being the ultimate owner, driver and representative of the Analytics Engineering space as a whole, with minimal guidance.
- Domain expert: obsessed with fully understanding the most relevant problems, how they change over time, and how to help others stay on top of the most actionable data points possible.
- Results Oriented: focused on delivering data driven insights that enables others to make informed decisions.
- Organized Communicator: able to gather, interpret, and document business requirements and translate them into engineering roadmap items.
- Prioritize and Execute : Define the roadmap and balance prioritization of near term and long term initiatives for the Analytics Engineering team as well as broader implications for the Lovevery Data Org.
- Ownership: Operate with ownership of the end deliverables of the data platform, while being able to provide thoughtful leadership and requirement gathering with upstream partners - including Data Engineering, Developers, Product Managers and business partners.
- Data Warehousing: Work with Engineering to define and lead implementation of the Gold layer in our next generation medallion architecture on Databricks Delta using DBT.
- Domain Expertise: Tackle multiple domains of data transformation and reporting, including revenue recognition, email metrics, website and mobile app analysis, customer retention, marketing efficiency, and more.
- Stakeholder Support: Support power users throughout the business in owning their data and learning how to surface reporting using the tools you build.
- Proven experience (5+ years) in a Business Intelligence, Analytics Engineering, or Data Engineering role, with at least 2 years in a leadership or managerial capacity.
- Experience building out production datasets and a proven ability to implement key industry data warehousing techniques on cloud infrastructure such as Delta Lakehouse or other cloud-based platform. (3-5+ years)
- Strong understanding of advanced concepts in SQL including under-the-hood performance implications
- 3+ years of experience owning the transformation layer using DBT in a modern stack, in a team setting and preferably in a growth environment
- Mastery of one or more data visualization layers such as Looker, Tableau, or PowerBI. (3+ years)
- History of building testing and alerting into reporting systems that proactively identifies issues and opportunities.
Our Benefits Include
- Competitive salary, benefits and stock option package
- 3 weeks PTO in year 1 +14 paid holidays
- Generous parental leave
- Any equipment you need to get the job done
- Free/discounted Lovevery products
- Remote working option available anywhere in the US
Salary Range Information
Based on market data and other factors, the salary range for this position is $168,000 to $200,000. However, a salary higher or lower than this range may be appropriate for a candidate whose qualifications differ meaningfully from those listed in the job description.
Lovevery is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in all forms. All employment decisions at Lovevery are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, HIV status, marital status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.