Repeatedly voted one of Montreal’s Top Employers and Employer of the Year for the 2022 Mercuriades Awards, Rodeo FX is a high-end creative company offering services in visual effects, advertising, animation, and experiential.
Nominated for 3 Emmy® Awards for its work on the series Stranger Things season 4, The Witcher season 2 and Foundation season 1, the independent, Oscar®-winning company boasts close to 800 artists.
As a multilateral creative company, Rodeo FX's Ads & Experiences department here to bring the most innovative projects to life. With a high level of attention to detail and an almost stubborn determination to get things right, we generate a creative product of the highest calibre. We are creative to the bone, storytelling is in our blood, and collaboration is in our DNA.
We evolve our artists through projects of multiple vocations. Moving from installations to content, from music videos to local and international advertising, from museum mandates to projection, while mixing in augmented reality or digital experiences, it’s easy to immerse yourself in our world.
As a company founded and led by an artist, it is creativity above all that guides us. Our mission is to provide our talents with the freedom and resources they need to deliver quality work and thrive in a stimulating, caring environment. This is why we offer a flexible work structure in all our locations.
The Creative Director will be a central pillar of our creative team and strategic processes. Working closely with VFX supervisors and artists, and pitching to new clients to bring cool work in, the Creative Director will help create a vision and guide all partners towards the end result.
Who are you?
You are the creative force and vision and are interested in expanding the company worldwide. You have a good understanding and practice of the traditional 3D pipeline and are aware of the new ones (real-time). You have an affinity for Experiential and R&D projects. You are a perfectionist in executing visually stunning ads, but you also are able to pitch our studio and ideas to our wide spectrum of clients (agencies, productions, direct clients). You call on the best talent in your orbit to help develop the creative process and ensure our goals are always front of mind.
You ask a lot of questions and challenge briefs. You know how to draw out the strengths of our multidisciplinary departments and move everyone forward together. Doing the same project twice is not an option.
You will work closely with our teams in Toronto, Montreal, Paris and Los Angeles. You will also be involved in exchanges with our customers based around the world, in order to highlight RodeoFX's technical and creative capabilities.
- Create award-winning pitches that translate ideas into a clear project concepts;
- You are familiar with the agencies and productions and navigate with ease between both;
- Onboard internal teams, clearly communicate creative tasks and objectives and supervise the deliverables;
- Show a strong vision and leadership to bring the teams to a level of excellence;
- Establish and follow the creative process suited for all projects;
- Be a model for our internal team and collaborators by showing rigour in your process, gathering inspiration from unexpected sources, and pushing concepts beyond the usual path;
- Understand the client's objectives and strategy, and consider extenuating implications and operations;
- Bring new concepts and ideas to explore and validate relevant trends;
- Be the creative representative of Rodeo Ads for our clients;
- Maintain Rodeo's high standards on each delivered project;
- Actively participate in Rodeo’s vision development sessions;
- Oversee projects from ideation to installation or delivery;
- Understand the production aspects of a project and push to find solutions within known parameters such as timelines, budgets and technological risks;
- Represent Rodeo Experience during industry events.
- A minimum of 7 years of experience as a Creative Director, delivering stunning commercials, and experiential projects ( AR, interactive installations, etc…);
- Strong portfolio with a wide range of projects and high-profile clients;
- Excellent presentation skills, a born storyteller with the ability to translate highly technical ideas into a common language;
- Deep curiosity about technology with some technical knowledge to translate creative ideas into tasks for developers and integrators;
- UX/Design focused on an understanding of how to turn brand equity into visuals;
- Communication, organization and management skills, and mindset;
- Speaking French is an asset.
- Permanent full-time position;
- Comprehensive group insurance;
- 5 sick/personal days;
- 401K contribution;
- And much more!
Diversity is a core value at Rodeo FX. We are passionate about building and sustaining an inclusive and equitable work environment where diversity is celebrated and valued. We believe every member on our team enriches our work by exposing us to a broad range of ways to perceive and interact with the world, identify challenges, and to design and deliver projects.