Working in the global Commercial function and reporting to the Head of Legal (based in the UK), you will be responsible for providing commercial support and governance to the business by ensuring the company contracts with customers and suppliers are on terms that protect the business.
- drafting, reviewing and helping to drive the negotiation of various commercial contracts and supporting documentation, including but not be limited to commercial proposals (including responses to RFIs and RFPs), NDAs, MSAs (SaaS & on-premise), Order Forms, Statements of Work, Reseller Agreements, Referral Agreements and Supplier contracts.
- Oversight of commercial deal shaping with the regional go to market teams and spend with key, critical, global suppliers, negotiating favourable commercial terms.
You will be expected to be proficient and commercially creative at internal bid modelling, pricing and negotiation planning to ensure that sales processes and client negotiations are effective, efficient and ultimately successful. You will be required to team with client success and sales teams and proactively lead the teams through a client procurement process at a pace that supports a quarterly driven business (using Commercial Playbook, contract templates and leveraging prior experiences & support/input of colleagues), balancing the clients requirements with that of Aptitude Software, to ensure the best outcome for Aptitude Software as a result. You will be expected to be able to support multiple deals running in parallel across the regions in different time zones. In addition, you will need to develop strong relationships with key prospect/client stakeholders and procurement teams during negotiations.
A key part of your role is to proactively continue your own personal development. You should be mindful of the evolving company culture and contribute towards (leading where appropriate) internal communications to upskill and educate the organization on various commercial topics as and when required.
You will be the face of the Commercial function for the go to market regions (APAC, EMEA, and NORAM), acting as the local point of contact for all commercial matters. You will be required to forge strong relationships with the various key stakeholders in the region, whilst also being adept at building a wider, global network of relationships to support your work and the activities of the organisation as a whole.
We’ll also offer you a competitive salary plus bonus, as well as the following benefits:
- ShareSave scheme - ability to purchase company shares on preferential terms
- Private healthcare
- Health Cashplan
- Dental Insurance
- Mental Wellbeing Support
- Holiday Buy Scheme
- Income protection and group life insurance
- Flexible / hybrid working options
You must be proficient in the following Skills and Behaviours.
- Ability to successfully process data, analyse and draw meaningful conclusions which drive action
- Follow (& where appropriate, design) & promote process and ensure others do the same
- Propose incremental developments to current standards (process & documentation)
- Proactively engages and provides sound, trusted advice to internal and external stakeholders at all levels
- Produce, develop, implement and operate controls, including company policies and procedures. Reassesses the suitability of the controls based on the operation and monitoring of those activities and updates the controls as necessary.
- Effective and logical personal and team task management
- Accurate and concise task progress updates with effective follow-up
- Ability to identify, summarise and clearly articulate key issues
- Able to manage multiple complex cases with minimal support
- Ability to manage and drive multiple actions connected to complex negotiations
- Proficient commercial contract draftsman and able to educate others on internal best practice
- Experienced in negotiating SaaS and on-premise software deals
- Able to apply Aptitude Software commercial principles with skill and confidence to ensure the best outcome for Aptitude Software
- Proactively takes ownership of particular streams of work within the Commercial team to drive value throughout the business and contribute to organisational targets and objectives
- Able to effectively process sensitive information with discretion
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and sensitivity while maintaining effective working relationships
- Perform in accordance with and guide colleagues according to best practice, maintaining a focus on the quality and timeliness of deliverables.