Here at Shippo, we are the shipping layer of the internet and we consider ourselves to be one of the core building blocks of e-commerce.
Our mission is to make merchants successful through world class shipping. With our products and solutions, we level the playing field by providing our customers with best-in-class solutions that otherwise wouldn’t be available to them. Through Shippo, e-commerce businesses, marketplaces, platforms and a variety of logistics infrastructure providers are able to connect to shipping carriers around the world from one API and dashboard. We provide our customers with the most competitive shipping rates, print labels, automated international documents, shipment tracking, facilitate the returns process and more.
How we’ll deliver success:
Shippo has experienced tremendous growth on the back of the continued shift towards e-commerce. Our Business Applications team is now seeking a Business Systems Analyst to PM our business applications and provide cross-functional assistance to our growing IT team.
As a Business Systems Analyst, you will be responsible for driving discovery across multiple teams along with development of and delivery against a feature and enhancement backlog. You will be responsible for becoming a go-to SME for key business teams. Additionally, as a high-growth startup, we wear many hats and one of yours will be to spend time on internal testing to ensure release quality. An ideal candidate will have experience configuring complex systems, primarily Salesforce and integrating systems with change management and ticketing systems (like Asana and JIRA).
The Business Applications team focuses on delivering application support to enable our G&A, GTM and CS functions and driving meaningful enhancements to existing applications along with implementation of innovative technology programs to increase the ROI of our technology and improve the overall value and performance of Shippo! Put another way - we make systems/processes more efficient, reducing manual/ low-value work and enabling the company to run better, make better decisions, and be more profitable.
Shipping & handling responsibilities:
- Able to communicate effectively to cross-functional personnel with varying degrees of technical proficiency.
- Willingness to own and ability to learn system configuration and user setup as needed. Configure fields, flows, roles/permissions, validation rules, reports, and dashboards.
- Ability to configure and implement system changes according to best practices.
- Facilitate and lead cross-functional requirement sessions to elicit, document, and analyze business requirements and functional specs.
- Able to identify unspoken/conflicting requirements and drive meaningful change even going against the grain (as needed).
- Collaborate with business partners, developers, and users to drive delivery for small projects, including: status updates, issue resolution, scope changes, UAT, deployment, etc.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with users for intake, triage, and resolution of support requests.
- Provide day-to-day administration and maintenance of critical business systems.
- Strong sense of urgency in day to day tasks, ability to maintain SLAs.
- Ability to handle ambiguity and work effectively in a fast paced environment.
- Proactively identify recurring issues or “value-add” areas and proposes process, data, and/or systematic solutions.
- Creates/maintains presentations, training materials, user guides (walkthroughs) and documents current and new system process flows.
- Educate business partners on how to successfully engage and work with Business Systems. Provides/ facilitates system training.
Do you tick the boxes?
- 1-2 year(s) prior work experience in Sales, Marketing, Customer Success/Support, Analyst (Business systems, Data, BI, etc) or Technical role. (required)
- Prior hands-on experience working in/configuring complex system(s). (Salesforce Sales Cloud, Salesforce Service Cloud, Salesloft, Outreach, Clearbit, Marketo etc.) (required)
- Salesforce Certified Administrator (required)
- Salesforce Trailhead Ranger or higher. (required)
- Salesforce Certified Advanced Administrator (preferred)
- High level understanding of Apex. (preferred)
- Proficiency in Excel/Google sheets - lookups (v,h,x,index match), pivots, string manipulation, logic statements, conditional formatting, charts, etc.
- Beginner knowledge of SOQL, (simple statements, understanding of joins)
- Agile experience
What's in the Shippo package?
- Healthcare coverage for medical, dental, and vision (90% covered by the company, incl. dependents). Pets coverage is also available!
- Take-as-much-as-you-need vacation policy & flexible work hours
- 3 Volunteer Days Off (VTOs)
- WFH stipend to set up your home office
- Charity donation match up to $100
- Dedicated programs, coaching, tools, and resources for your professional and career growth as well as an individual learning stipend for your personal and focused growth
- Fun team meetups through our Shippos everywhere program that includes regular team and company off-sites throughout the year as well as gatherings with your local Shippos
Sail through the process:
Here at Shippo, we celebrate inclusivity and are committed to creating equal access to opportunities for people from all backgrounds, perspectives and geographies. These values define who we are and everything we do. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply. If you need assistance, or a reasonable accommodation during the application and recruiting process, please contact us at [email protected].
We believe compensation is a custom experience and are committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. The standard base pay range for this role is min $103k to a max $140k annual salary. We tend to anchor our pay in the middle of this range with most offers that we make. Since we are focused on hiring Shippos Everywhere, we have 2 US pay ranges, a standard compensation range for the majority of the US and a standard +1 compensation range for those who live in areas where the cost of labor is higher, such as NYC and California.
The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: financial budgets, work experience, training, transferable skills, business needs, and market value. The base pay salary ranges are subject to change and may be modified in the future. Total compensation for this role will include, equity, medical, dental, vision and other benefits noted in our Shippos “package” section.
Shippos in the wild:
Our people, much like the packages we help ship, are all over the world. This means, through our remote-first program, “Shippos Everywhere”, our roles can be based anywhere in the US with the exception of Delaware, Nevada, Ohio, Oregon, Hawaii, New Mexico and West Virginia and many roles can be based internationally.
For locations outside of the US and Ireland, the employment contracts are powered by Remote.com (all Shippo perks still apply - including equity!). What we want to emphasize is that you can be successful at Shippo regardless of location.