As a senior backend Python engineer, the following hard skills are typically required:
- Proficiency in Python and its popular frameworks like Django, Flask, or FastAPI.
- Experience with relational databases (e.g., PostgreSQL, MySQL) and NoSQL databases (e.g., MongoDB, Cassandra).
- Knowledge of RESTful APIs and API design best practices.
- Proficiency in version control systems, like Git.
- Familiarity with containerization and orchestration tools, such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Understanding of software testing and continuous integration/continuous deployment (CI/CD) methodologies.
- Knowledge of cloud platforms (e.g., AWS, GCP, Azure) and their services.
Salary expectations for a senior backend Python engineer can vary depending on the location, years of experience, and company size. In the United States, the average salary is around $120,000 to $150,000 per year. However, it could go higher for engineers in high-demand areas or at larger tech companies.
We recommend checking out job postings from top tech companies like Google, Amazon, Facebook, Microsoft, and Apple, as well as startups and other organizations in various industries.
Here a concrete hire! 👇